Dallas South News Wire (City of Dallas)
Are you curious about animals, the outdoors, science and nature? Are you interested in children, education, conservation and the environment? If your answers are, “Yes”, this internship opportunity could be for you!
Environmental Education internships are available through El Centro College. Students selected for this program will assist with Trinity River Audubon Center’s environmental education program – “Eco-Investigations”.
· Learn to teach in an outdoor setting
· Receive training on teaching scientific concepts
· Learn to review and develop curriculum
· Learn and practice classroom management techniques
· Conduct pond sampling lessons
· Conduct animal encounters
· Gain experience teaching school children in grades PreK-6
- Applicants must be enrolled in any college for a minimum of 6 hrs.
- Applicants must submit a resume and undergo a criminal background check.
- Applicants should be proficient with computer, Microsoft Office Suite, and standard office equipment.
Shifts are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 1:30 pm (5hrs.). Interns must be available to work at least two shifts per week and may work a maximum of three shifts per week.
Trinity River Audubon Center, 6500 South Loop 12, Dallas TX 75217, www.trinityriveraudubon.org
Pay rate: $8.69/hr. This is a part-time position and does not include benefits. To Apply: Email a resume to Ben Jones, State Director of Education for Audubon Texas, email@example.com or fax 214-309-5885